Saturday, February 5, 2011

February?!??!?!?

seriously

it's a good thing I didn't resolve to post more tapes, I'm already a month behind.

Tonight, I dug up the tapes again and started ripping songs onto the harddrive, and a hilarious thing happened.

I went and googled a line from two of the songs. . .a method that rarely ever works. . .and found two of the songs.

One of them was this one


yeah, this one.
I couldn't believe it came from 71.
that sounds like it was made at least a year ago.
It was probably 1996 or 7 when I taped it.
. . .and all that time I thought I'd NEVER heard T-Rex before. Hilarious.

The other song was this one


first of all, props on naming yourselves like a soccer team.
Sultans of Ping FC.
That's fucking awesome.

second of all, this was on the same tape as the T-Rex song. That might not mean they were played the same night, but who knows.

I am actually going to post one I don't know though.
First one of the year.

I FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER METAL SONG ON ONE OF MY OLD TAPES FROM HIGH SCHOOL THAT NEVER GOT IDENTIFIED!!!!

For some reason, I think it might be one of those big thrash bands. I don't know why? A few of them were branching out in weird directions in those days, and I rather liked some of it.
the riff is fucked up, but not all that technical. it could very well get stuck in your head for quite some time. I have no idea who it could be though.










I've been looking for this one to put it up on the blog for QUITE A WHILE now. It's not a forgettable song by any means. . .for me anyway.

lemme know if you have an idea.


oh, also
who did this hilarious Liz Phair cover??










he's just yelling it. he sounds drunk. it's amazing.
(no, I didn't know it was a Liz Phair song until tonight)

I'm not even gonna jynx myself here.

though, next time, i'm gonna go over the once that I still dont' know from last year.

see you

(PS - it sucks to have to say goodbye to the Endless Blockade and Japanische Kampfhörspiele . . . . .but at least I got to see them both at MDF. . .the same year even. . .right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment